CHEW could not provide the meals that it does without the overwhelming contributions and dedicated volunteers from our community!
A special thanks to….
- All of our volunteers who faithfully serve on an ongoing basis: both in our distribution center and those who pack and distribute food to our schools on a weekly basis.
- Individuals throughout our community who are making CHEW a top priority in their benevolent giving.
- Local businesses and civic clubs who are helping us fund CHEW on a permanent on-going basis.
- Churches that give so faithfully to CHEW. Some have included us in their budgets; others support us through love offerings.
- We are so grateful to the members of Greenfield’s Upper School Government Association who raised $1,476.00 for CHEW through their Haunted Trail Event at Halloween!
- Thank you to the young people in the Chick fil A Leader Academies at Fike High School and the Wilson Early College Academy who raised $3,000 to support CHEW through their Chew for C.H.E.W. Food Truck Rodeo in June!
- CHEW has been supported by a grant from Purdue Pharma LP. We are deeply grateful for their continued support that enables us to feed our chronically hungry students!
- Thank you to Walmart Giving for giving us a $500 grant! Frankie Sheldon, Manager of Walmart Main in Wilson, presented the check to Louise McKinnon. The support of our business community continues to make our weekend feeding program possible.
- Thank you to Crystal Barber, Education Exchange owner, and Kimberly Howard, creator of Wilson Escapes, for sharing a portion of the first weekend ticket sales of Wilson Escapes with CHEW!
- We are deeply grateful to the following BB&T departments that adopted CHEW again this year through their BB&T Lighthouse Project: BB&T Wealth, The Northeastern Region Community Bank, and BB&T Correspondent Lending. These employees put SO MUCH LOVE IN ACTION and we are fortunate to have you in our community!
- A HUGE “thank you” to all of the volunteers who helped make Chippin for the Children such an outstanding success this May. We are deeply grateful for each and every one of you!
- How grateful we are to the Episcopal Women at St. Timothy’s who continue to share a portion of the proceeds from their annual bake sale with us. They help make our weekend feeding program possible! Our morning CHEW distribution center volunteers received a check on our behalf from Elizabeth Skinner of St. Timothy’s.
- During the month of December 2017 CopyPro donated $100 to CHEW for each copier that was sold in Wilson County during that month. Heather Driver from CopyPro presented our afternoon CHEW distribution center volunteers with a check to support our weekend feeding program. Thank you, CopyPro!
- Thank you Officer David Stancil and the Wilson Police Department for sponsoring the 4th annual (BYOB) Bass Fishing Tournament to benefit CHEW. This year 23 boats took part! How fortunate our community and chronically hungry students are to have you.
- We continue to be deeply grateful to the employees of BB&T who choose to benefit CHEW through their BB&T Lighthouse Project. Six departments supported us this year!
- Thank you to EVERYONE who made Chippin for the Children such a tremendous success this year!
- How grateful we are to SPC Mechanical for their generous donation of $6,700! CHEW was one of four feeding programs to benefit from their SPC Mechanical Charity Golf Tournament in April.
- We are deeply grateful to the Atlantic Coast Pipeline for awarding CHEW a $5,000 grant through their Community Investment Program.
- To Christy Proctor and Chick-fil-A of Wilson for sponsoring the 5th Reunion Basketball Game that benefited CHEW the Friday after Thanksgiving in 2016.
- How grateful we are to the basketball alumni and alumnae from Beddingfield and Fike who came together for the 5th year in a row to offer support for our weekend feeding program for our chronically hungry students.
- A special “thank you” to the young people in the Chick-fil-A Leader Academies at Greenfield School and Wilson Early College who volunteered their time at the 5th Reunion Basketball Game.
- To the Rotary Club of Greater Wilson for their generous gift of $12,000. Since 2012 when CHEW first began its feeding program they have raised $44,000 to help us feed our chronically hungry children!
- To Christy Proctor and her Chick-fil-A team members in Wilson who have raised money to provide Chick-fil-A holiday gift certificates for ALL of our CHEW students! This is the third year in a row that they have given this incredible gift to our chronically hungry students!
- To the Wilson County Unrestricted Endowment, a component fund of the NC Community Foundation for their $500 grant.
- To our Wilson Police who held a Bass Fishing Tournament in August to benefit CHEW. A special “thank you” to David Stancil, Wilson police senior officer, who has organized this event for us two years in a row!
- To the students at Wilson Early College who chose CHEW as the recipient of their community impact project through their Chick-fil-A Leader Academy.
- To Purdue Pharmaceuticals, L.P. for its continued, very generous support. For the last 4 years their support has helped make our feeding program possible!
- To Isiaette Darden who contributed half of her winnings from the 25-second shootout competition during the Love and Basketball Reunion Game to CHEW!
- To all who made Chippin for the Children such a success! A special “thank you” to those who came out to play golf in spite of the inclement weather!
- To the Greenfield students who planned and hosted an incredible 5K/1 Mile Fun Run Event that benefited CHEW through their Greenfield Chick-fil-A Leader Academy.
- To the Episcopal Church Women of St. Timothy’s for their continued generous support of CHEW. They shared a generous portion of the proceeds from their annual bake sale with us!
- To the members of First Baptist- Wilson, First Christian, First Presbyterian, Christian Life Fellowship Ministries, the First Baptist Men in Wilson, Women’s Ministries of Westmoreland, Stantonsburg United Methodist, First Baptist – Stantonsburg and the Elm City Community Churches for their continued generous and faithful support of CHEW.
- Christy Proctor and Chick fil A for sponsoring the 4th Reunion Basketball Game that benefited CHEW the Friday after Thanksgiving. How grateful we are to the basketball alumni from Beddingfield and Fike who came together for the fourth year in a row to offer their support for our weekend feeding program for our chronically hungry students.
- For the second year in a row the employees of Chick fil A raised enough money through their Chickin for the Children fundraiser to provide a Chick fil A holiday gift certificate for every CHEW student! Thank You!
- The Willifords of SPC Mechanical who chose CHEW to benefit from their 50th Anniversary Golf Tournament and to all of their sponsors for their tremendous support. We are so grateful to ALL of you!
- All of our Wilson police who held a Bring Your Own Boat Bass Tournament to benefit CHEW in August. A special “thank you” to David Stancil, Wilson police senior officer, who organized the event and to the 29 bass fishermen who took part!
- The volunteers and sponsors who worked tirelessly to make Chippin’ for the Children which benefited CHEW and The Spot such a success.
- Six BB&T departments who supported CHEW once again this year with a generous donation through their Lighthouse Project. During the month of May through the end of the school year they pulled, packed, and distributed the food for all of our chronically hungry students.
- Mark Wright and his Lee Nissan team for their very generous donation as a result of their CHEW campaign during April 2015. A special “thank you” to the men and women throughout Wilson County who supported Lee Nissan and helped make this generous donation possible!
- Our deeply committed volunteers and corporate sponsors who made Dinner on Sunset such a success again this year! Our volunteers spent hours and hours making this event happen. We are deeply blessed to have such dedicated, gifted people who have a passion for helping us feed our chronically hungry students.
- The Barton College Baseball Team who held a Barton Benefit Game for CHEW.
- chikinforCHEW! This incredible fundraiser sponsored by Christy Proctor and her team members at Chick-fil-A in Wilson provided a holiday gift certificate for each of our chronically hungry children in December 2014: 585 of them!!! Think of the JOY experienced by these children. It is difficult to know how to say “thank you” for such an outpouring of love. CHEW is deeply grateful for each of you at Chick-fil-A in Wilson!
- Christy Proctor of Chick-fil-A in Wilson for sponsoring for the third year in a row the Chick-fil-A Reunion Basketball Game to benefit CHEW! A special “thank you” to all of her team who worked so diligently with Christy to help make this event such a success.
- The Fike and Beddingfield basketball alumni who came together over Thanksgiving weekend to play for the benefit of our chronically hungry children in Chick-fil-A’s Third Reunion Basketball Game. For three years these men and women have shared their Thanksgiving holiday with CHEW! Thank you!
- Glenn Blackwell, president of The Greater Wilson Rotary Club of Wilson. who presented CHEW with a $12,000 donation. The Greater Wilson Rotary Club has been a constant supporter of CHEW since it began its weekend feeding program for our Wilson County chronically hungry students in 2012. We remain deeply grateful to them.
- The Wilson Elks Lodge #840 for their generous donation to CHEW in September. How grateful we are for them!!
- District No. 13 Order of the Eastern Star that was awarded $1,000 on July 26 to donate to CHEW. District 13 is comprised of five chapters located in Wilson and Wayne counties. We are so grateful to the ladies in this charitable organization! (Pictured used with permission of Wilson Times.)
- Six BB&T departments who supported CHEW once again this year with a generous donation through the Lighthouse Project. In addition they pulled, packed, and distributed the food for all of our chronically hungry children during the month of May through the end of the school year.
- Dr. Bonnie Vause who hosted a book signing for her novel Fast Escape to benefit CHEW.
- Lee Nissan for their CHEW campaign during April 2014 to feed over 40% of our children in need in Wilson County and to the men and women throughout Wilson County who took DEMO rides and purchased new cars during this campaign. Your support enabled Lee Nissan to meet their goal! Thank you.
- Hunter Peebles and her Parent Advisory Committee for making CHEW one of the beneficiaries of “Dancing with the Stars” in Hunter’s Competitive Dance Company Benefit Showcase. We are so grateful to you.
- All who made Dinner on Sunset an outstanding success once more this year! This incredible fundraiser would not take place without the overwhelming commitment of a deeply dedicated group of volunteers. Thank you!
- The Presbyterian Women in the Presbyterian Church (USA) for the grant CHEW received through their Creative Ministries Offering Committee.
- All who made Dinner on Sunset possible!
- Students and faculty at Greenfield Academy who raised money for CHEW at their Walk Out.
- Twelve departments at BB&T who joined hands to provide CHEW with its largest corporate gift to date! These employees pulled, packed, and distributed the food for all of our chronically hungry children during the month of May 2013 through the end of the school year. Their generosity also provided food to support our summer feeding program and they will be feeding the chronically hungry children for more than two months this fall.
- The New Hope Girls on the Run for sponsoring a car wash and bake sale.
- Hannah Durham, Hunter Turnage, and Janie Narron who raised funds for CHEW through their senior project at Beddingfield High School.
- The Greater Rotary Club of Wilson, the first nonprofit to make a generous three-year pledge to CHEW in addition to providing abundant support during 2012-2013. (Picture used compliments of Wilson Times.)
- Dee Warrick and associates at Nationwide who benefited CHEW through their NASCAR Event.
- The Wilson Tobs Baseball Club for supporting CHEW’s summer feeding program through their Stuff the Bus, Home Run for Hunger Event.
- Trio Fitness for holding a zumba fitness class to benefit CHEW.
- The Episcopal Youth Community (EYC) at St. Timothy’s Episcopal Church who made a generous donation to CHEW through the Ann Byrum Fund. Ann Byrum loved children. At the time of her death this fund was established for the youth of St. Timothy’s to decide how to spend it. These young people decided to share part of Ann’s gift with CHEW. They are actively involved with CHEW for the EYC pack the weekend bags of food for Wells Elementary on an ongoing basis.
- “Buster” Dawson who initiated and coordinated a Gospel Concert in November 2013 that benefited CHEW. This enjoyable concert featured Generation III, Sopony Creek, and the Oak Grove Boys.
- Christy Proctor at Chick-Fil-A who sponsored a fun-filled basketball tournament at Fike High School in November that benefited CHEW.
- The Men’s Civic Club who sponsored our first fund-raiser: An Evening of Spiritual Music
- The Wilson Home Builders Association for sponsoring a Christmas Food Drive to benefit CHEW.